Monday, February 16, 2009

Greatest Generation: Solution to Credit Crisis

Dear Mr. Brokaw,

I heard you speak at my brother's graduation for Yale in 1998. Your speech about "The Greatest Generation" has stuck with me for the last 11 years and its thesis continues to prod me to do more for our country.

I strongly believe that now is the time for our generation to embrace the values of "The Greatest Generation."

There is so much discussion about a Washington created top down solution via a massive stimulus package, but there is very little focus upon the grass roots elements of the solution that allowed the USA to triumph during WWII.

This forum does not provide enough room for significant elaboration, but it is my belief that every American can help to will the solution by:
  1. Employment - Help your "brother" get a job. I have helped a few friends out already.
  2. Hunger - Make sure no one you know is going hungry. If you don't have the means to help, work to find someone who does.
  3. Housing - Make sure no one you know is homeless. If you don't have the means to help, work to find someone who does.
I know this seems simplistic, but it is my opinion that we all need to re-learn the concept of "helping thy neighbor."

The Depression that the company is experiencing can not be overcome merely through government spending, we all need to be part of the solution.

The partisan politics that are Washington are divisive and not in the best interest of the country. We are a nation under seige economically and need to band together to work towards a solution.

I would be happy to discuss these matters with you or your staff further.

My bio can be found at:

http://www.whisprwave.com/jbsmith-bio.htm

V/R

JBS

PS I hope whoever your assistant is who reads these questions and comments actually lets you read this post, "The Greatest Generation" is the solution to much that ills the USA today.

No comments:

Post a Comment