Monday, March 16, 2009

What Works, What Does Not, Expectations, Not Personal

  • Here is what works for me 1 . . . 2 . . . 3. This disarms the person - and has you be present to what the person's contributions are. I find if I can't find something to acknowledge them for I am upset and this is not the time for the conversation - emotional edge vs results.
  • Here is what does not work 1 . . . 2 . . . 3. Specific behavior vs. You do this you do that. If the person has done something wrong, focus on the behavior, they are not a bad person - take it away from being wrong/bad or feeling like a personal attack.
  • Here are my expectations - this can also be improvements or outcomes - what needs to happen going forward.
  • This is not personal, just setting expectations and boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment